The Journal Gazette

Home Search
jgmobile.net

Fire hits leasing office at apartments

FORT WAYNE – The roof and attic area of the leasing office at South Bridge Apartments were heavily damaged by an accidental electrical fire Wednesday morning, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a statement.

It said firefighters went to 8310 Bridgeway Blvd. about 9:30 a.m. When they arrived, heavy smoke and flames could be seen from the roof area.

Eight employees were inside at the time of the fire, but evacuated safely after seeing and smelling smoke, the statement said. No injuries were reported.

Copyright © 2014, www.jgmobile.net