The Journal Gazette

Home Search
jgmobile.net

Apartment fire starts in kitchen

A kitchen fire left heavy smoke damage to a northeast-side apartment complex early Sunday, Fort Wayne Fire Department reported.

Firefighters were called to Canterbury Green Apartments, 5210 Stonehenge Blvd., about 2:20 a.m.

They found heavy smoke coming from a first floor apartment. They had the kitchen fire under control at 2:50 a.m.

Residents were evacuated from 11 adjoining apartments. Some were evacuated by ladder from a second floor balcony.

No one was injured fighting the fire.

Firefighters said smoke damage was heavy. Fire and water damage were light.

Copyright © 2014, www.jgmobile.net