The Journal Gazette

Home Search
jgmobile.net

Fireplace blamed in north-side blaze

Flames in a wall behind a fireplace damaged a house on Fort Wayne’s north side early Tuesday, according to the city fire department.

Firefighters were sent to 1837 Howell St. about 2:30 a.m., and they found smoke throughout the two-story house.

A fire was discovered in a wall behind the fireplace, and firefighters brought the flames under control just after 3 a.m. An adult evacuated the home without help from firefighters. No injuries were reported.

The fire, which caused minor damage, is under investigation.

aingersoll@jg.net

Copyright © 2014, www.jgmobile.net