Northeast Indiana has gained a committee chairman in the Indiana House.
Rep. Rebecca Kubacki, R-Syracuse, will head the Family, Children and Human Affairs Committee. Issues this committee has dealt with in the past include child support, family law and child protection.
Rep. Matt Lehman, R-Berne, will be back as chairman of the Insurance Committee and Rep. Dave Wolkins,R-WinonaLake, continues to chair the Environmental Affairs Committee.
Several area House members – including a few newcomers - have been tapped as vice chairmen of committees as well. They are:
- Rep. Ben Smaltz, R-Auburn – Commerce, Small Business and Economic Development.
- Rep. Bob Morris, R-Fort Wayne– Environmental Affairs.
- Rep. Dave Ober, R-Albion – Employment, Labor and Pensions.
- Rep. Martin Carbaugh, R-FortWayne– Insurance.
- Rep. Kathy Heuer, R-ColumbiaCity– Local Government.
- Wolkins – Select Committee on Government Reduction.