FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Heavy smoke forced dozens of people from a Fort Wayne apartment building after officials say a fire started in a basement storage room.
Fire officials tell WANE-TV that five people suffering smoke inhalation were taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Crews were called to the fire about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Riverview Terrace Apartments just north of the city's downtown. Officials say smoke filled the hallways on all three floors of the building.
The fire's cause wasn't immediately determined.