In 2005, one of the first things Gov. Mitch Daniels did upon taking office was ask all members of key boards and commissions to resign so he could appoint people of his own choosing.
Fast forward almost eight years and Daniels apparently doesn't feel that way anymore. Earlier this week he appointed or reappointed dozens of people to various state boards and commissions rather than waiting until Gov.-elect Mike Pence takes office.
Here are some of the key appointments, and those from northeast Indiana:
- Retired Indiana Supreme Court Justice Frank Sullivan Jr., to the Indiana Business Law Survey Commission.
- Dorian Maples, of Fort Wayne, was reappointed to the Community & Home Options to Institutionalized Care for the Elderly and Disabled Board.
- Maureen Weber, of Indianapolis, was appointed as chairwoman of the Indiana Charter School Board.
- Roxsandra Clemons-McFarthing, of Fort Wayne, was reappointed to the Indiana State Commission on Aging.
- Sandra Kemmish, of Fort Wayne, was appointed to the Indiana State Museum & Historic Sites Corporation Board of Trustees.
- Dan O'Connell, of Fort Wayne, was appointed to the Indiana Tourism Council.
- Elizabeth Bechdol, of Auburn, was reappointed to the State Fair Commission.